Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Doodlebug Design: Christmas Gift Bags


Hi Everyone!  Today I'm up on the Doodlebug Blog with some Holiday Gift Wrap ideas!  I do love a gift bag, they make life so easy,  I thought it would be fun to dress up some plain bags a little with Doodlebug Cut Files and Odds & Ends pieces. 


I started by making a couple of gift bags using Lori Whitlock's Gift Bag SVG file (here in the Silhouette Store) I used papers from the Milk & Cookies Collection for the bag body and trim.  For the handles I used some Doodlebug Washi Tape in coordinating colors.  To make the handles, I folded the tape onto itself so the sticky sides were together.  I then cut it into lengths for the handles.  I added cute die cuts from the Milk and Cookies Odds and Ends which I embellished with some Christmas Assortment Glitter Sprinkles and some Holly Berry Sprinkles to finish the bags.  Here are some close-ups:



For the other three bags, I purchased plain bags at my local Paper Store.  They were great because they came with the backgrounds already!  I then went to work adding different cut files.  To get the sizing correct, I first measured the colored area of my bag, then I drew a rectangle shape in Silhouette to those dimensions.  This made it easy to plan my "scenes" and get the cut file sizing correct.


I then set to cutting the files and decorating the bags.  Here are some close ups and the files and supplies I used:


For the large snowman bag, I used a mix of collections including Doodlebug Textured Cardstock, Gingham Linen Petite Prints and patterned papers from both the Milk & Cookies and Santa Express Collections.  I added Stickles to the Snowman hat and snowflakes.  Here are the cut files I used. 

 Snowman- Here Comes Santa SVG  (here in the Silhouette Store)
Milk & Cookies Snowflakes SVG   (here in the Silhouette Store)
Birds - Here Comes Santa SVG  (here in the Silhouette Store)



For the Kitty Tree Bag I used Gingham Linen Petite Prints, and patterned papers from the Milk & Cookies, Santa Express and Here Comes Santa Collections.  I also added some Christmas Assortment Glitter Sprinkles.  Here are the cut files I used:
Milk and Cookies Tree SVG  (here in the Silhouette Store) 
Milk and Cookies Kitty SVG  (here in the Silhouette Store)
Gifts - Here Comes Santa SVG (here in Silhouette Store)


Finally for my ornament bag I used the Pastel Starlights Double Sided Cardstock from the Milk and Cookies Collection.  I embellished the shapes with some Stickles to add a little shape.  The cut file is the Ornaments - Here Comes Santa SVG  (here in the Silhouette Store)

I think they will look wonderful under the tree this year, now if I could only get my act together to purchase gifts to fill them!  Make sure to stop by all this week and next for more Holiday Gift Ideas from the design team!  That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!